Saturday, April 7, 2012

21 to 30

Daxten Matthew Lee It's so cool that I'm going to get to highlight both of my kids during this time frame on their actual birthdays. Today is Dax's 2nd birthday. I am so grateful to have him in my life. He is such a mixture of Mike and I. He is 50% sweet and cuddly (me) and 50% temper tantrum and difficult (Mike) :) Dax came to visit us via an "emergency" induction on April 7th, 2010 just a few hours after my Uconn girls won yet another national championship. We were so excited that we were having a boy. I was convinced that my first one would be a boy so when we got pregnant with Kayhlen I immediately ordered a bunch a boy Uconn gear so when we had Dax we finally got to use it all. Daxten adores grandpa wardwell and usually will run to him when he sees him. he is a VERY tall and skinny boy and has been since he was born. his birth was seriously pretty darn easy see post as far as baby births go...not that i have a TON of experience. there's no real cool story to his first name. when he was born we still didn't have a name picked out so we spent the first few hours of my labor googling and finally decided on daxten. his middle name is matthew, named after his grandpa lee who won't get to meet him in this life but who we're confident was with him in the premortal life before we held him in our arms. he was a pretty great baby except when sleep was concerned and it took a while to get him on a good schedule. i do remember, though, that his "spit" up was not spit up...he seriously would throw up entire bottles...we went through a few burp cloths a day because they would get so saturated. as he's gotten older he's gotten very ambitious and we foresee ER visits in our future with him. he'll just jump off of things no matter how high they are or what's underneath him...things like that. he is a total boy and loves all kinds of sports balls and is obsessed with cars, though, he also enjoys dressing up with his sister like a pricess :) we love our 2 year old boy!
2 days old leaving the hospital

No comments: