Thursday, April 5, 2012

23 to 30

My religious beliefs I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For those that don't know what that means, the nickname for the LDS church is Mormons. For me, this defines everything that I do in my life and every choice that I make. There are so many misconceptions in the world about my faith. Let me clarify some things in case some of you are curious. What do I believe? First and foremost I believe that Jesus Christ came to this earth and lived a perfect life. He is the only one to ever do so. I believe that in the Garden of Gethsemane He atoned for all the sins of the world including mine. I believe that He was crucified and then rose from the grave making it possible that we will all one day be resurrected and that if we live worthily we will live again with our Father in Heaven, Jesus Christ and all of our loved ones. I believe that if I live worthily and use the Atonement to repent of my constant sins that I will live with my family after this life. I know this is what my Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ want for us. I also believe that when Christ was on the earth he called apostles and he bestowed the priesthood upon those apostles. After his crucifiction the apostles were also killed off and there was eventually an apostacy that the Bible refers to and that the priesthood (the authority to act for God)and the church that Christ had established was no longer on the earth. I believe that the earth remained in this dark state until a young man named Joseph Smith was called to be a prophet and RESTORE the same church that Christ had designed back to the earth. I believe the priesthood was restored and that I now belong to the same church that Christ organized. Christ is the head and governs His church through his mouthpiece on the earth in the form of a modern day prophet. Currently, that prophet is Thomas S. Monson. As a member of this church I am expected to live with certain standards and by living those standards I have been given more "freedom" and then I could ever imagine. Some of those standards are...I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't watch R rated movies, I was abstinent until I was married, my husband and I are faithful to eachother in every possible way, I try to be honest, I dress modestly, and many more. These are my beliefs and I believe them with every fiber of my soul. I also believe that everyone has a right to believe and belong to whatever church they so choose. I believe that Christ loves all of us, no matter what our imperfections are. If anyone wants to know more about what I believe visit www.mormon.org

No comments: