Sunday, April 1, 2012

27 to 30

Wedding At first, Mike and I had planned to get married in the Spring of 2006 because he was in school and also worked for the U of Utah women's basketball team so he only had about 3 days of break over the Christmas holiday...it soon became apparent, though, that we couldn't wait that long and so we decided to get married on December 23rd. I was thinking i wanted to do it in the Manti, Utah temple where my parents were married but then because i knew it would be in the winter i didn't want traveling in the snow to be an issue so instead we decided to do the Salt Lake temple which was great because it truly is like a castle. our sealing was around 10 or 11 in the morning. i remember sleeping in my bedroom the night before on the floor because my bed was already in our new apartment and laying there all night with the normal pre-wedding thoughts..."this is the last night i'm single" "i am signing up for eternity :)", etc. the next morning i got up and got my hair done and then drove with my parents to the temple. mike was waiting in the lobby for me...he looked so calm and collected. they took us in and signed all the paperwork and all that stuff and then we got in our temple clothes and went and waited in the Celestial Room. I remember sitting in there next to mike, holding his hand, and we looked at each other and i said "i'll go through with it if you do"...it was a great moment :). to be honest, i don't remember much about our actual sealing but i remember coming out of the temple as husband and wife and seeing all our friends and family waiting there to greet us. it was dec 23rd in utah but the weather was fantastic...it wasn't cold at all...i had short sleeves on my dress and i was pretty much fine...we did tons of pictures and then went back into the temple to change and headed over to Rodigio for a family luncheon. on the way there, mike and i made some funny comments to each other that can only be shared between husband and wife :) the food was great and we left right from there to go up to Park City. again, because of mike's schedule we really couldn't "go" anywhere for a honeymoon but park city was great and beautiful and it allowed us to come down over the next few days and still spend some of Christmas with our families. we were there for like 4 days and then went home to our new apartment and new life together. i was so glad that we had decided to do our reception a week later. we actually did that on the 29th and it was so awesome. my parents really went all out and spent a ton of money on my wedding and reception and it truly was a fairytale...i loved everything! my cake, my dress, my flowers, the tables, the decor...it was all awesome! we had the reception in alpine, utah at an arts center and it was so nice to be able to enjoy it rather than thinking about how tired i was or other stuff because we didn't do it right after the sealing. it truly was a fairy tale time for us.

No comments: