Monday, April 2, 2012

26 to 30

UCONN Susie Shelnut, I have you to thank for this obsession and yes, it is indeed an obsession. it's ironic that i'm writing this now because last night Uconn actually lost in the final four and i'm pretty depressed about it :( in the year 2000 my friend, susie, was a big Tennessee women's bball fan and they were playing Uconn for the national title...i hate Tennessee and so i just cheered for Uconn...it was love at first sight. they destroyed Tennessee in that title game and i've been obsessed ever since. i can tell you everything you want to know or don't want to know about Uconn. i can tell you everything about all the players past and present. i LOVE geno auriemma and on a side note, i find him very attractive :) i love the intensity that they play with at all times, in all seasons and in all games, even when they're destroying people by 40 or 50. i've had some great opportunities to meet geno, and several players including the incredible maya moore and tina charles...i've also had something checked off my bucket list because a few years ago i got to fly to connecticut and see them play on their home floor...my cousin played for stanford and so she got me court side seats for one of the highlights of my life. it truly has been a big part of my life and i think there's nothing wrong to have a team that you idolize...it's all in good fun and while i'm upset that they lost last night my life doesn't stop because of it...therefore, it's a healthy obsession :)

No comments: