Sunday, April 15, 2012

13 to 30

Everyone that knows me is aware that i have a passion for basketball. i love playing, watching and coaching. i started playing at the age of 5 and never stopped until i graduated college and even then i continued playing in rec leagues and now i spend much of my time coaching high school girls basketball. i don't know what it is about the game but it is a passion of mine. graduating from college was so hard for me, mostly because it meant that my real playing career was over. i was always an above average player but never had the speed and athleticism to get me to a D1 college level though i know i love the game as much as anyone else. i always prided myself on my passing ability...i just had the ability to see the floor in ways that most people can't (maybe it's because i spent so many hours watching the pistol about pistol pete when i was younger). i used to daydream about playing in the wnba and being one of the best players in the country. obviously, i never came anywhere close to that point but the game still consumes me and has given me the opportunity to achieve so many other dreams. coaching high school ball requires so much time and for such little pay but it is something that i love and helps me define who i am...mike is very supportive of this. i just love the game, can't say anything more :)

No comments: