Sunday, April 11, 2010

Daxten Matthew Lee

I had my last dr. appt on Tuesday, the 6th with my induction scheduled for the following Tuesday. at my appt i was once again told that my blood pressure was high and that i had protein in my urin so my dr says..."how would you feel if we went ahead and just did this today"...um, let me think, YES PLEASE! So, she told me to go home and do what i needed to and that the hospital would call when they were ready for me probably around 4 PM. The problem, however, was that this particular night happened to be the night of the women's national championship with Uconn and Stanford. anyone that knows me knows that this was a predicament. i thought since i was getting in at 4 that i'd be all set and hooked up and comfy by the time tip-off came at 7...well, 4 came and went, 5 came and went 6 came and then 7 and literally as they were announcing the starting lineups i got the call from the hospital saying that i needed to be there within and hour. we decided to book it and hope to see the second half...i literally ran into my room and got dressed and into bed and then told them that they could only ask me questions during commercials. i ended up seeing the whole second half and watched my girls cruise to another championship. so, after the game, they started me on pitocin around 9 and within an hour i had my epidural and couldn't feel anything...by 10:30 my dr came in and broke my water and about 2 AM the nurse told me i was at a 9 and that if i started feeling pressure to push let her know...that pressure came within 10 minutes and 2 contractions later little dax was here. honestly, it was an extremely smooth and fairly easy delivery...pretty cool...i love modern medicine. the after birth has been pretty painful as i experienced a slight abnormality during labor that i won't go into details on :) but it has caused some drastic pain in the aftermath.

dax has been a very mellow baby thus far. he is, however, nocturnal and sleeps ALL day long but not at all at night. i have gotten about 2 hours of sleep each night thus far. despite that, he is so cute and i just love him so much already. kayhlen has done better than we were expecting. she likes to tell us that dax is sleeping and that he's eating and she gives him loves and kisses...other than that, she hasn't seemed to really care that much. can't believe i have 2 children!!!













3 comments:

Michelle said...

So happy for you and a little jealous that Kayhlen got to come into the hospital. Dang flu! He is darling!!

Aly said...

Jodi, he is adorable! I am glad you got to watch the UConn game! That is so funny. Anyways, good that everything went well and yes, it is crazy that you have two kids! You who always said you would never have any!

Trent and Rhonda Wardwell said...

Congrats to you and Mike! He's so sweet! I just look at that last picture of him in his carseat and wonder how much more he will fill that in a few short months! Hope we get to see him sometime...as a wee baby.