Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Life is Complete

A while back, I blogged about the fact that Uconn was coming out to play BYU. It's been a dream of mine to see Uconn play in person since I became a "somewhat obsessed" fan about 10 years ago. Two times I have had tickets to games, and 2 times due to blizzards I wasn't able to go. This time, however, nothing was going to stop me. Just seeing them play in person is on my list of 10 things to do before I die. Imagine how I felt when the morning of the game I got a call inviting me to go to their shootaround practice and meet the team. My heart started pounding, my hands started sweating and my face turned beet red and stayed that way for several hours. My wonderfully thoughtful cousin, Kara, who is the coach of the Utah Sky team had arranged to go and she thought of me and my "obsession" and invited me to come. I got the call 1/2 hour before practice started and I had just finished working out for the morning and was getting ready to feed Kayhlen. I had to get down there in a jiffy (thanks Carrie for taking Kayhlen) and I certainly wasn't looking the way I would have liked :) but I didn't care!!!!! This really was a once in a lifetime opportunity. So many people would've killed to have been in my shoes. Thanks again to Kara. It was the third best day of my life!!!! (#1 wedding, #2 Kayhlen)
Tina Charles (All American) and Maya Moore (only the best player in the nation)

The man himself...the grin on my face says it all...i can't believe Geno Auriemma has his arm around me!!!

Geno Auriemma, Kalana Green, Tina Charles, Shea Ralph, Renee Montgomery, and Maya Moore...not too shabby for Jodi

The #1 team in the nation

#1 coaching staff in the nation (all 4 of them are LEGENDS)

Does BYU know they're about to get tranced on?

Told ya (the sad part is the Uconn looked pretty bad throughout)

The future #1 fan

Carlie and Ayla



2 comments:

Ty and Mari said...

Very exciting for you to go and do that!!! That is a once in a lifetime opportunity! Congrats! I wish I was that passionate about something... well besides my family!

Trent and Rhonda Wardwell said...

Wow, so awesome! Glad you had that chance! And I love kayhlen's little spout...so fun!