Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Tuesday

In a few hours Mike and I will be walking over to the local elementary school to cast our vote for what I refer to really as the "lesser of two evils". I have never posted anything political and rarely talk about it because it tends to "set me off" if you will :) Yesterday, while sitting at work a bunch of the guys that sit around me were doing their daily political rant which consists of nonstop chatter about a certain candidate that they almost revere as a God. I in no way whatsover agree with their feelings and after listening to it daily for about 2 months, i finally kinda hit a breaking point yesterday. They are entitled to their opinions but i was so sick of hearing it that i quickly walked out to my car to get my Ipod and headphones. While i was walking all i could think about in my head was "are you kidding me...how can you feel like that...this person supports all these things that are just not moral to me" Anyway, as i was thinking about that i also started thinking about all the other things that are surrounding us right now...the economy, what's going on in California, the wars, the safety of our children, ect. When you think about it all at once, it can be really overwhelming and that's what started happening to me. And then it hit me. We all know that these are the last days. We all know that the scriptures tell us that things are only going to get worse. While i hope that the election goes the way i want it to, i don't really think that it will (and even if it did...it's not like i LOVE that candidate). If ever there were a time when we needed to "get our houses in order" and "cling to our faith" it is now. I, personally, have more areas that i need to work on than most, but one thing i do have is a testimony. While things in the world seem hopeless...We must continue to stand apart from it and cling to the things that we know...the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is in our testimonies that we can find the only hope there is.