Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Baby Tag

1- Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant?
At home
2- Who was with you?
No one, all by my lonesome
3- How did you find out that you were pregnant?
Home prego test
4- What was your first reaction to finding out you were pregnant?
A little disbelief…hence the fact that I took 3 tests just to be sure
6- Who was the first person you told?
Well, I’d like to say that it was my husband, but it was actually Michelle because we had been talking so much about it that I just had to call her…plus I wanted to tell Mike in person so I had to wait until he got home
7-Did you plan to get pregnant?
Sort of…not preventing but not “trying” if you know what I mean J
8-Was everybody happy for you?
Well, let’s see…Mike’s an only child so this is the first and only grandchild for them…I think it’s safe to say they were excited. And my mom has been counting down the days until I would have children because a long time ago she put a curse on me that my kids would be as rotten as I was as a kid…so I think my family was pretty stoked as well
9- Did you go out and celebrate?
That night we went out and bought “the book” What to expect when you’re expecting
10- Did you want to find out the sex?
Absolutely…I can’t imagine having to do all the shopping and everything after the fact
11- What was the sex?
Shockingly, a girl…I asked them several times if they were sure because I just had “known” that it was a boy…to the point that I had already bought a lot of boy stuff
12-Did anyone throw you a baby shower?
Yes
13- If yes, who?
My office had one for me and my sisters/mom had one for me
14- Did you get any outfits at the baby shower that you just knew you weren't going to put on your baby?
Yes
15- How much weight did you gain?
When it was all said and done I gained about 55 pounds…20 of those came literally in the last month
16- Did you lose all of the weight that you gained?
I still have about 10 pounds of pregnancy weight to lose
17- Did you get a lot of stretch marks?
I didn’t think so at the time but now in the aftermath I have quite a few on my inner legs
18- What did you crave the most?
Not so much cravings but was absolutely REPULSED by even the thought of CafĂ© Rio…still haven’t been back since
19- Did you crave anything crazy?
20- Who or what got on your nerves the most?
Um, the nausea got on my nerves A LOT…I had a rough first few months…and having to get out of bed every day and go into work got on my nerves A LOT
21- Were you married at the time?
Yes
22- Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
High blood pressure which caused me to have to spend hours doing those freaking stress tests and keeping track of my pee which was really annoying because you have to keep it refrigerated and when your fridge is downstairs and your bathroom is upstairs it’s not fun (oh, and having to take it to work and keep it in the fridge there was REALLY fun)
23- Where were you when you went into labor?
The hospital…I was induced after 4 days past my due date
24- Did your water break?
Yes, after they stuck the rod up me and popped it is that too much info?
25- Who drove you to the hospital?
I drove myself and Mike met me there because I was going in just for an appointment and then because I was late and my blood pressure was high they sent me over for a stress test in which they found that Kayhlen’s heart rate kept dropping so they just decided to induce me then instead of my scheduled one which was still 3 days away
26- Did you go early or late?
4 days late
27- Who was in the room with you when you gave birth?
Mike, my sent from heaven nurse and the doctor
28- Was it video taped?
Never in my life
29- Did you have any drugs for the pain?
Um, yes, I am sane so you better believe I had that epidural
30-Did you go Natural or have a c-section?Natural
31- What was your first reaction after giving birth?
I started bawling…mostly I think from exhaustion. There’s just no way to truly describe in words that experience…it’s emotionally and physically overwhelming
32- How big was the baby(s)?
6 lbs 13 oz
33- Did your Husband cry?
I don’t think so but he was pretty subdued…I think he was thinking “what did I get myself into?”
34- What did you name the baby(s)?
Kayhlen Melissa Lee
37- Did the baby(s) have any complications?
She was not breathing properly when she was born and wasn’t crying either…they pretty immediately took her down to the nicu and Mike went with her where they poked and prodded and basically “jump started” her lungs. They brought her back to me about an hour later and she was fine after that. I was emotional enough without that happening but that really set me over the edge J Mike says it’s a good thing I wasn’t there to see all the stuff they did to her.
38- How old is your baby today?
6 ½ months
39- When is the next one(s) coming?
Um, it depends on who you ask
40-If you could, would you do it all over again?
You better believe it

TAG: Rhonda, Michelle, Marianne

1 comment:

Trent and Rhonda Wardwell said...

wow Jodi, that's quite the tag...How would I do that for 5? J/K I don't know if I have the patience to do this one.