Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ride-A-Long

My best friend, Carlie is a Salt Lake City police officer. For any of you who know Carlie, you understand my confusion as to who in their right minds would give that girl a loaded weapon and the authority to use it. (Gotta love Salt Lake). Anyway, she loves being a cop and from everything that i can see, she's a really great one. I had the privilege of doing a ride along with her the other day. it was seriously so much fun. At first, i was a little nervous, but as the day went on i got really into it. Fortunately, we didn't have anything too serious that day...a bunch of deacons shooting air rifles, traffic stops, a homeless shoplifter at walmart who stole a calculator (why not food?), public intoxications, and a fight. She called me the next Saturday and told me how upset she was that i wasn't with her that day because she got in a foot pursuit...that would've been fun. Anyway, it was awesome and i can't wait to do it again.

Here is officer Wiechman


And here is my friend, Carlie...see the difference :)



Here are the guys dressed up like wizards that come and have sword fights every Saturday even in the pouring rain...she had to drive me past them.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Oh my gosh...you went out with Carlie. How much fun was that? And ya, I can't believe they gave her a gun. But oddly, I can totally see her laying down the law. So did she recruit you?

And I really enjoyed your post about your father in law. It's amazing how comforting it is to have the eternal knowledge we have.