Monday, October 26, 2009

18 Months



I'm feeling a little sentimental here so i apologize. Kayhlen recently hit the 18 month mark which in the LDS world means you're not a baby anymore :) My baby is quickly becoming a little girl weighing in at a whopping 21 lbs (10%tile). She is adjusting really well to nursery now and i was able to leave her for the second hour without any hiccups yesterday and next week i anticipate sneaking out a lot earlier. After i snuck out yesterday, i of course, stood outside and watched through the window of the door to make sure all was ok before i left. It was coloring time and i watched as kay used the crayons for everything EXCEPT coloring. She ate them and applied them to her lips like lipstick. I stood and watched for a few minutes and had one of those moments. All mothers know what i'm talking about. That moment where you're able and sit back and just observe. i was filled with emotions. number one...extactic that i get to enjoy church for the next few months until this kid inside me is born :) number two...time truly does fly and we really do need to cherish every moment with them. number three...this is it. this is my purpose here on earth...it is to be a wife and a mother. there is nothing else more important. i was especially grateful for this wonderful little moment i was able to have outside the nursery door especially due to the fact that it was the end of a pretty rough week for me. mike works all day 6 days a week and we truly only do get to see him on sundays. he and i would give anything to have him home more but right now it is what his job is requiring. for me, sometimes it can be really tough. i'm still working full-time, i'm pregnant, and i am pretty much a single mom. it all adds up as i know we all have experienced. kayhlen was sick last week and was pretty much...what's the word??? a nightmare!!! and my emotions are already out of whack and so doing it all on my own just built up and built up and it caused a pretty bad week for myself. how grateful i am for that little moment that i truly know was a message from my Father in Heaven. "i never said it would be easy, i only said it would be worth it". it is worth it in moments like that. moments like tonight when kayhlen goes into the kitchen, gets herself an apple, then procedes to sit on my lap and watch 2 hours of "Dancing with the Stars" with me while eating her apple. it is SOOO hard, but i am so grateful for the reminders that he sends us. it is worth it, it is wonderful and it is my purpose here. i love my baby/little girl.

2 comments:

Trent and Rhonda Wardwell said...

I love those moments! They are sometimes rare, but they always come at the right times!!! "single-mom" is a tough responsiblity...I've been living it for many years now...good luck, and pray for more of those moments, He will give them to you!

The Kohler Family said...

Uh-hem....very touching post, but why has my phone not rang once??? Let me make you dinner or come clean your house or take Kaylen so you can work or take a nap or something..You better have a list ready for me of things you need done when I see you Friday!!! :)